Opportunity: COVID-19 fund for musicians
To qualify, artists must meet the following conditions:
- Be an artist with at least five years of experience, practicing and residing in Africa (proof required).
- Hold an artist card or equivalent document (provide a copy of the card or document).
- Provide a document showing your biography, your artistic career, your artistic approach and an overview of your artistic works (three pages maximum).
- Demonstrate a situation of vulnerability (or a shortfall) arising from the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Submit a project request for subsistence (food grant, health grant or professional grant) or for assistance to creation (artistic creation or innovation within the context of COVID -19).
- Provide a letter of recommendation from at least one recognized reference person in the discipline you practice (pointing out the need and urgency to support you).
Types of eligible projects
The ACF supports requests in the following two categories:
Category 1: Applications for subsistence grants
- These are requests made by any artist or creator in a situation of vulnerability to the COVID-19 crisis. These requests relate to food grants, health grants and professional grants.
Category 2: Requests for assistance to creation
- These requests relate to artistic creation or innovation projects adapted to the context of COVID-19 in Africa.
The approved projects will be funded in two instalments:
- 50% of the grant, upon signing of the contract (pre-financing).
- 50% of the grant at mid-term, and upon presentation and approval of the narrative and interim financial reports.
To apply, click here. The deadline is 30 June.
View the original call here .