Opportunity for artists: Visa for Music
Visa for Music is calling on artists to apply for the sixth edition of the music industry meeting in Rabat, Morocco, from 22 to 25 November.
Visa For Music (VFM) is the first professional market /festival of Africa and Middle-East music. Showcases are at the center of the project, but also conferences, speed-meetings, workshops and trainings. Visa For Music seeks to highlight the artistic creation of Africa and the Middle-East, first of all regarding world music and actual music.
If selected, Visa for Music will provide the following:
- Hotel expenses in twin rooms for two nights maximum including breakfast for international bands and twin rooms for one night maximum including breakfast for bands from Morocco
- Local transport costs
- Meals (for three days maximum)
- Passes allowing access to all concerts and activities
- Artists will be featured on the Visa For Music official catalogue and website.
- For each selected band, Visa For Music will award one VIP pass to one person representing the band
- No charge is made to the artists applying to take part in Visa For Music but applicants must accept all the regulations
To apply, please consider the following:
- Artists and bands with at least one year of activity and stage experience
- Applicants must be over 18 years old
- Only complete files sent before the deadline will be considered;
- The material sent by post (optional) must be exempted from customs duties mentioning “promotional material with no commercial value”. If not, Visa For Music may reject them;
- Artists, bands, DJs and VJs will be selected by Visa For Music’s selection committee and jury.
- Visa For Music is unable to return materials and documents to applicants;
- If an artist/band is selected, Visa For Music will request exclusive performance rights within a month and a 200km radius in Morocco;
- Visa For Music will provide the venue for showcases;
- Visa For Music will provide all the necessary equipment for performances;
- Bands performances should not exceed 45 minutes and are aimed at music professionals.
Interested artists can apply here.
The application deadline is 31 March 2020.